Prepare the pasta dough
- 250g soft-wheat “00” flour
- 250g durum wheat flour (semolina)
- 5 whole eggs and water up to a total of 250g
Pour the flour into a bowl, then the eggs and water in the middle.
Mix the eggs and water with a fork. Do not add salt!
Knead the dough with your hands until it is completely smooth and consistent. Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a table, lightly dusted with flour.
How to prepare pasta sheets with the pasta machine
Set the adjustment knob of the pasta machine to 0 and feed a ball of dough through the rollers, turning the crank clockwise.
Lightly dust both sides of the pasta sheet with flour and fold it in half. Feed the pasta sheet through the smooth rollers again, for 5-6 times until the pasta sheet is long and regular in shape.
Set the adjustment knob to 1 and pass the pasta sheet through just once; then, set the adjustment knob to 2 and pass the pasta sheet through once more; then, set the adjustment knob to 3, and so on until you reach the desired thickness.
Cutting the pasta sheet with Pastawheel
Choosing the wheel
Replace the cutting wheel by completely unscrewing the locking screw. Separate the plastic wheel from the steel holder by pressing slightly with your fingers. Attach the new wheel and tighten the screw.
Cutting the pasta sheets
Grasp Pastawheel firmly in one hand and cut the pasta sheet into the required shape. If the cut is not clean, the pasta sheet may be too thick, therefore, we recommend rolling the wheel several times.
- Before cutting a pasta sheet, dust the surfaces evenly with flour to facilitate the cut;
- the ideal thickness of the pasta is between 6 and 7 on the adjustment knob of Marcato pasta machines;
- choose the most practical, least tiring position for your hand to use the wheel;
- Pastawheel is designed not to harm people, however, we always recommend using it under the supervision of an adult, where necessary.
Care and maintenance
Never wash the product in the dishwasher!
Pastawheel can be easily cleaned with a cloth or brush and its parts can be separated for better cleaning.
The plastic cutting wheel can be washed with water and soap and thoroughly dried before the next use.