Prepare the dough
- 250g soft-wheat “00” flour
- 250g durum wheat flour (semolina)
- 5 whole eggs and water up to a total of 250g
Pour the flour into a bowl, then the eggs and water in the middle. Beat the eggs and water with a fork and mix thoroughly with the flour. Do not add salt! Knead the dough with your hands until it is completely smooth and consistent. If the dough is too dry, add some water; if it is too sticky, add some flour. Perfect dough should never stick to your fingers. Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a table, lightly dusted with flour. If necessary, continue kneading the dough by hand and break it up into little pieces.
Prepare the pasta sheet
Set the adjustment knob of the machine to number 0, so that the two smooth rollers are fully open. Feed a ball of dough through the rollers and turn the crank clockwise. Lightly dust both sides of the pasta sheet with flour and fold it in half. Feed the pasta sheet through the smooth rollers again, for 5-6 times until the pasta sheet is long and regular in shape. Cut the pasta sheet in two and dust each piece lightly with flour on both sides. Set the adjustment knob to 1 and pass the pasta sheet through just once; then, set the adjustment knob to 2 and pass the pasta sheet through once more; then, set the adjustment knob to 3, and so on until you reach the desired thickness (the recommended thickness setting is no. 6 for fettuccine and no. 7 for tagliolini).7). Cut the pasta sheet crosswise into pieces about 25cm long and dust them lightly with flour again.
How to cut the fettuccine or tagliolini
Insert the crank into one of the holes of the cutting rollers and while you turn it around, feed the pasta sheet to obtain the intended type of pasta. Pick up the dough with the stick and transfer it to the Tacapasta.
The pasta dries in about 5-6 hours, depending on temperature and humidity and can be stored in suitable kitchen containers
- Mix soft-wheat and durum wheat flour for tastier pasta;
- do not use cold eggs straight out of the refrigerator;
- clean the rollers of the machine by feeding a little dough between them;
- you can consume the freshly cut pasta or dry it. Tacapasta helps you dry it evenly;
- you can freeze freshly cut pasta, but consume it within 1 month;
- if 5 eggs are too many, replace them with water, maintaining a water-egg weight of 250g;
- do not add salt to home-made pasta dough. In Italy we add salt to the boiling water!
Care and maintenance
Only a few precautions are required for Ampia to last a long time.
Never wash the machine with water or in the dishwasher!
Use a brush and a wooden stick to clean the machine after use.
To ensure thorough cleaning, the roller combs can be removed:
- push the comb-holder sideways (round part made of steel);
- lift the comb-holder on one side and take it out of its seat;
- stick one end of the comb-holder in the hole of the anti-friction resin comb;
- lift the steel rod and extract the comb from its seat;
- reassemble the combs by repeating the steps described above in reverse order.
If necessary, lubricate the ends of the cutting rollers with Vaseline oil.