- 250g soft-wheat “00” flour
- 250g durum wheat flour (semolina)
- 5 whole eggs and water up to a total of 250g
Pour the flour into a bowl, then the eggs and water in the middle.
Mix the eggs and water with a fork. Do not add salt!
Knead the dough with your hands until it is completely smooth and consistent. If the dough is too dry, add some water; if it is too sticky, add some flour. Perfect dough should never stick to your fingers.
Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a table, lightly dusted with flour. If necessary, continue kneading the dough by hand and break it up into little pieces.
How to prepare pasta sheets with Atlasmotor
Set the adjustment knob of the machine to number 0, so that the two smooth rollers are fully open. Turn the motor on by pressing the switch in position “I” (continuous) and feed a piece of dough through the smooth rollers.
Lightly dust both sides of the pasta sheet with flour and fold it in half. Feed the pasta sheet through the smooth rollers again, for 5-6 times until the pasta sheet is long and regular in shape.
Cut the pasta sheet in two and dust each piece lightly with flour on both sides.
Set the adjustment knob to 1 and pass the pasta sheet through just once; then, set the adjustment knob to 2 and pass the pasta sheet through once more; then, set the adjustment knob to 3, and so on until you reach the desired thickness (the recommended thickness setting is no. 6 for fettuccine and no. 7 for tagliolini).
Cut the pasta sheet crosswise into pieces about 25 cm long and dust it lightly with flour.
How to cut the fettuccine or tagliolini
Move the motor from the "sheet" position and couple it with the selected cutting rollers. Turn the motor on and pass the pasta sheet to obtain the selected type of pasta. Pick up the pasta with the special stick and transfer it to the Tacapasta.
The pasta dries in about 5-6 hours, depending on temperature and humidity and can be stored in suitable kitchen containers.
- Mix soft-wheat and durum wheat flour for tastier pasta;
- clean the rollers of the machine by feeding a little dough between them;
- when working with the motor-operated machine, do not wear ties, scarves or long necklaces;
- make sure that the supply voltage matches the value on the motor rating plate;
- to remove the motor from the machine body, rotate it upward by about 30° and pull it outward;
- to couple the motor, place it next to the relative hole of the rollers tilted upwards by 30° and insert it into the machine until it is touching the side. Then, turn the motor downwards by 30°.
Care and maintenance
Only a few precautions are required for Atlasmotor to last a long time.
Never wash the machine with water or in the dishwasher!
Use a brush and a wooden stick to clean the machine after use.
To ensure thorough cleaning, the roller combs can be removed:
- push the comb-holder sideways (round part made of steel);
- lift the comb-holder on one side and take it out of its seat;
- stick one end of the comb-holder in the hole of the anti-friction resin comb;
- lift the steel rod and extract the comb from its seat;
- reassemble the combs by repeating the steps described above in reverse order.
Remove the cutting part of the machine by lifting it with your hands, making it slide in the special guides. Assemble the accessories on the machine by repeating this operation in reverse order.
If necessary, lubricate the ends of the cutting rollers with Vaseline oil.