- 250g soft-wheat “00” flour
- 250g durum wheat flour (semolina)
- 5 whole eggs and water up to a total of 250g
Pour the flour into a bowl, then the eggs and water in the middle. Mix the eggs and water with a fork. Do not add salt! Knead the dough with your hands until it is completely smooth and consistent. Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a table, lightly dusted with flour. If necessary, continue kneading the dough by hand and break it up into little pieces.
How to prepare pasta sheets
Set the adjustment knob of the machine to number 0, so that the two smooth rollers are fully open. Feed a ball of dough through the rollers and turn the crank clockwise. Lightly dust both sides of the pasta sheet with flour and fold it in half. Feed the pasta sheet through the smooth rollers again, for 5-6 times until the pasta sheet is long and regular in shape. Cut the pasta sheet in two and dust each piece lightly with flour on both sides. Set the adjustment knob to 1 and pass the pasta sheet through just once; then, set the adjustment knob to 2 and pass the pasta sheet through once more; then, set the adjustment knob to 3, and so on until you reach the desired thickness.
- Clean the rollers of the machine by feeding a little dough between them;
- use soft, malleable dough that does not stick to your hands;
- the thickness of the pasta sheet can vary by a few millimetres depending on the type of dough. Check the actual thickness with a first test run;
- do not use the machine for food pasta sheets or other uses not intended for eating.
care and maintenance
Only a few precautions are required for Atlas Slide to last a long time.
Never wash the machine with water or in the dishwasher! Use a brush and a wooden stick to clean the machine after use. If necessary, lubricate the ends of the rollers with Vaseline oil.