STEP 1 - Preparing the dough by hand
Pour the buckwheat flour into a bowl; add the egg yolks and the water in the middle.
Mix with a fork to thoroughly blend the ingredients with the flour. Do not add salt!
Knead the dough with your hands until it is completely smooth and consistent. If the dough is too dry, add some water; if it is too sticky, add some flour. Perfect dough should never stick to your fingers.
Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a table, lightly dusted with flour.
If necessary, continue kneading the dough by hand and break it up into little pieces.
STEP 2 - Preparing short pasta with regina
Insert a small piece of dough into the Regina hopper and turn the crank. After a few moments the pasta will come out of the extruder. When it reaches the desired length, cut the pasta with the slicer.
Repeat this step, adding the dough in small pieces. Lay the freshly cut pasta on a cloth or tray and dust it with flour using Dispenser.
- do not use cold eggs straight out of the refrigerator;
- Do not add salt to the dough;
- preserve home-made dried pasta for no more than 1 month;
- you can freeze freshly cut pasta, but always consume it within 1 month;
- cook the pasta in a large amount of hot water (4 litres for every ½ kg of pasta).