STEP 1 - Preparing the dough by hand
Grate the orange peel and squeeze the juice.
Pour the flour into a bowl and mix it with the sugar, the ground cinnamon, a pinch of salt and the baking powder. Add the egg yolks and mix the dough with a fork.
As you continue mixing the dough, add the butter you previously melted in a water bath, and the zest and juice of the orange.
STEP 2 - Preparing the biscuits
Fill the Biscuits machine with a piece of dough and choose one of the 20 shapes available.
Choose the biscuit size you want by turning the adjustment knob under the lever.
Lower the lever a few times until the dough comes out evenly from the holes of the extruder.
Rest Biscuits directly on the clean baking tray, without adding butter or parchment paper.
Push the lever down and lift Biscuits from the tray. The biscuit will be attached to the surface.
Pre-heat the oven to about 180°C ( = 350°F). Insert the tray with the biscuits for about 20 minutes.
When they are baked, remove the biscuits from the baking tray and decorate them as you wish.
- lift the piston by turning the knob until the toothed side is positioned in the opposite direction to the lever;
- always dry every component of Biscuits carefully to prolong the product’s service life;
- decorate the biscuits with jam, chocolate drops, icing or candied fruit;
- use good quality flour for crumbly and tasty biscuits;
- always pre-heat the oven to 180°C before backing.